Consulting Services & Estimates
“I am a great listener! As you tell me your vision, I interpret what you want and blend it with the realistic possibilities of the site. My goal is a simple, elegant, aesthetically pleasing project that will last for generations.”
— Weston Leavens
Local Areas – Free Consultation and Estimate:
Weston Leavens has designed and built hundreds of outdoor projects over the last 35 years. During your initial FREE CONSULTATION you will benefit from his expertise as together you design and discuss your project. Our home base is the Marin/Sonoma/Bay Area counties and are available nationwide!
Your consultation will include:
- Meeting Code Requirements
Designing the project
- Repair or replace existing structures
- Client vision of project
- Blending project with architecture of house and landscape
- Layout suitable for proposed usage
- Maintenance requirements
- Materials choices
- Views – What to accent and what to hide
- Access- Steps, stairs, walkways, doors
- Privacy Issues
- Foliage- Debris from overhanging trees
- Trees – Deck may be built around trunks
- Slopes- Hillside or flat terrain
Troubleshooting and problems solving of existing projects
- Job abandoned by prior contractor or builder
- Improve or clarify existing plans
- Bring existing structures up to code
- Failures of wood, composites or fastening systems
Weston Leavens has traveled throughout the United States consulting on deck issues. He is available for phone, email and onsite consultation.
Initial non-local consultation by phone or email is free.
Further non-local consultation fee is $125.00 per hour plus travel expenses if applicable.
DYI Do-It-Yourself Support
Are you a do-it-yourself builder who desires professional results at a fraction of the cost for a contractor? Or do you belong to a church group or other non-profit organization that needs a well built deck on a limited budget? If you have willing hands but need some knowhow and supervision, Deckmaster Fine Decks consulting services may be the answer to your needs.
In addition to providing all of the above consulting services, Weston Leavens can instruct your crew and supervise your project. Deckmaster Fine Decks can even provide a skilled deck builder on an hourly basis to work with you and make your job easier.
As noted above, initial consultation is free so you can access the expertise of one of the nation’s top deck specialists without obligation.